Sunday, May 20, 2012

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

On Thursday we left Reutte and the alps for Germany. All day Wednesday it has snowed, and everything was covered in a blanket of snow. On the way we stopped at Plansee, a gorgeous teal lake surrounded by the mountains. After a quick photoshoot, we got back in the car and continued our descent. 

This is what I love. The trees and moutains dusted with snow, the grass peaking up from under its blanket, the snow so white that it hurts to look at, but you can't tear your eyes away; your breath curling around you, the cold nipping at your fingers making you feel wide awake. It was so beautiful outside that dad pulled over and let me take a few pictures.

But no matter how much I wished it, we couldn't stay and I had to say goodbye to the mountains and the snow. The day when all the snow disappears is always a sorry day for me, but to have that day come because you left the cold?

We went on to Rothenburg, a medieval walled city that was built in the fourteenth century. It was very, very cool but the best parts?

Yes, that is indeed Narsil, sword of Elendil. It was in a store full of medieval weapons. There was also Excaliber, but I didn't take a picture. :)

 

And dad bought us two of these. All I can say is, this trip can only go downhill from here.

 

:)

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.