Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Best Mother's Day Ever

We arrived in Reutte, Austria late afternoon on Mother's Day. We checked into our rooms and told the kids we were going out for a beer. Sam asked to come along because he was a little hungry, while the other children were content to stay in the room watching German television.

We drove 800 meters to a restaurant recommended by our hotel staff. While looking at the menu, I decided to have the steak with a big salad. David chose a pork dish and Sam chose wiener schnitzel. When the meal came and I saw the steak, I knew it would be good. It was perfectly done on the outside and wonderfully pink in the center. The salad was delicious, as was David's pork (topped with prosciutto and mushrooms and cheese). Sam was so excited that he got a half liter of milk, that his grin extended beyond its normal size.

I forgot to take my camera, and I am sad I cannot show you this wonderful meal. It was absolutely the best meal I have ever eaten in a restaurant. Really. I'm not exaggerating. It was truly mouth-watering.

When we got back to the room an hour and a half later, the other four wondered what had taken us so long. When we told them, they were all fit to be tied. They have yet to let us forget. They keep saying that the next time we "go out for a beer," they are coming too.

We do plan on going to this restaurant again before we leave Reutte. This time with everyone.

Oh, by the way, the beer was good too - Stiegl, brewed here in Austria (Salzburg). And I was given a neat little heart ornament by the waitress as a Mother's Day gift.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.